Tuesday 1 April 2008

Designing logos

On Monday we was given are new assignment A7 I picked assignment 1 to do. Which we have to redesign a logo, CD case and create a pre-flight document for the record label Emit. I think that I am going to enjoy this assignment as there is different creative parts to the assignment and the work that we had done in the reading week will help me be able to create the work and use as inspiration.

After we was given are assignment we then had a presentation on logo designs. I think that this presentation was interesting as it gave us a chance to see lots of different logos and see why these where designed. We also had a presentation from Jonny Haynes who works for the company Technophobia. I thought this was use full having some one come in to talk to us about the industry as it gave us an idea of what its like to be in the industry. After this I then started to design my logos for "Emit" in my sketch book. I did quite a lot of different designs also looking at the Emit work that I had done and also looking at different logos that I had in my sketch book for inspiration. I thought this was good as I was able to see what would and wouldn't work for this type of design.





































Today we had a presentation on logo case studies where we learnt about the CND logo and then in are groups we had to redesign the logo. We started off by creating different logo ideas in are sketch book and then comparing the different designs that we had. We then picked are favourite design where we had kept the same design idea but making it have a more modern look. We also did a presentation on what we had done to the logo to the rest of the class.

We then went on to designing are logo's for Emit and then I created my favourite ones in colour. This week I am going to make sure that I have done more logos and try to design the final logo on the computer for next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greg Carrick said...

I’m glad you’re going to enjoy this assignment, I think I am too.

You have a nice selection of logos and some nice designs that could progress really well. It’s good to hear that you’re keen to get the final logo completed by next week, but I think next weeks a bit too soon to have the final logo. There is plenty of time to keep on designing more logos and progressing them onto better ones.The more logos you design, the more choice you will have to choose from.

Victoria Fisher said...

The talk that we had from Jonny Haynes was very interesting, he give us a clear picture of what he’s job was and what it consist of, which give us a better picture of what the industry could be like.

You have a wide range of logos and some look hopeful for the final logo. When you have chosen the final logos you like, you should post them up so you can get feedback on them.

Mark Torrington said...

Although I agree with Gregs comment, if you have created a logo that you have satisfied with leave it for a day and look at it again. If you are still satisfied with great, if not it needs improving. Another tip of mine is to look at the reflection of your logo in a mirror. Hey, it may sound strange but if you can get it to look good in a mirror, your logo will be perfectly balanced.

Michelle Bonfield said...

In terms of logos I like your design on the last page on the bottom left hand corner which incorporates circles around the 'e'.

I'd like to see this developed and perhaps use the circles to form the main body of the 'e'?

Dream Logo Design said...

Logo Designing is a great fun for me. You have applied so many styles to write a name in logo which is a good practice. You also can get many logo design ideas from www.dreamlogodesign.com for making your new logo.