Tuesday 15 April 2008

Design work

On Monday we had the chance to just get on with the assignment work. I started to design some Cd cases in my sketch book, first of all I started to research different Cd covers on the internet, I found lots of different designs that I am going to put in my sketch book. I came up with 5 ideas but I still need to design lots more. I came up with these ideas by looking at the work that I had done for the Emit work in the reading week.

I then picked some of my favourite designs and then started to redraw the Cd cases and then thought about the different colour ideas.

I then had my feed back from the typography assignment there isn't really that much to do on the assignment, I thought that I would have to do my presentation again but it was good news and I didn't have to do it again. I have to do 2 of my timed tasks again which was the paint tube and the all that jazz news paper page. Which I only really need to change the design a little bit, make sure the picture fits the page better and change the fonts.

Today I started off the day by researching more and also finishing off the designs that I had done this week. In the afternoon we then had are group meeting we then had to redo are production schedule as we had not done the work that needed to be completed for that day as we miss judged the time that needed to go in to each task. So we had to redo it so that we was on time with the work that we had already done. We also talked about are logo designs which I had to choose from the 2 designs that I had developed more. We also looked at are Cd covers that we had designed and talked about are music.

This week I am going to change the timed task work that I had done, design more Cd covers and finish off my final logo design.

3 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

Well done for not having to do your presentation again. You should fell proud of yourself for passing the presentation, but maybe next time try improving on what you did not do as good this time. So that when you have to do your next presentation you don’t get as nervous.

John Browne said...

Progressing well I see. The logo idea you chose to use in seminar was a brilliant choice and one that shouldn't have gone a miss. I think that a lot of designs out there have certain similarities, other wise there wouldn't be anything else to design.

Not sure that I caught a glance at your CD art work, must remember to check that on Monday.

Gary Benn said...

Well done in getting your presentation right! I can defiantly see an improvement in your work.

I'm glad you don't have to do too much of the timed tasks again. I think you had a similar problem to me in that most of the work was good but a few small things let it down slightly. It is more a case of consistency.

I too made a silly error on my paint tube, I put one of the words in a too small typeface. I will make sure I don't do it again.

When you are under pressure like that I think people are more prone to overseeing these small discrepancies