Tuesday 8 April 2008

Designing more logos

On Monday we started off the day by having a presentation on the the software Freehand. I have never used the software before so I thought this was useful as it gave me a better understanding of the software. After this we went on to finishing off are logo designs. I made sure that I had 5 of my best designs in different colours so that they would be completed for the group meeting on Tuesday.

Today I started to design my logos in Freehand so that I would be able to see which of these designs would work better on the computer. I found Freehand easy to use to design my logos which I also used the notes that I made in my sketch book. I also looked at different colour ideas that would work with the different logo designs.

In the afternoon we had are group meeting, Steve looked at are logo designs and told us what the best design would be for us to use. He told me to create 2 of the logo designs and see if there is any other ways that the designs could be created also looking at the arrangement and the colour of the logos.
After the group meeting I then had a look at different CD cover designs to get inspiration to put in my sketch book. So this week I am going to design the logo designs making sure that I have a final logo and also will design the final logo. I am going to start to design different CD cover designs making sure that I get lots of different designs and also making sure that I have collected more inspiration for my sketch book.

2 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

It was good we got the presentation on how to use Free Hand because without it I would have spent loads of time trying to fix out how to use the program. The designs that you have done on the computer so far look really good and it seems like you have got use to using Free Hand. It will be good to see the improvements you have done on your logo in the next seminar group.

Greg Carrick said...

I also thought the FreeHand lecture was useful and it’s good to hear that you have picked up the program quickly and are finding it easy to use.

It would be nice to see some of the designs you took into the seminar group. Are you thinking of posting them on your blog soon? As doing so, would really help in the development process, because of all the different feedback you will get.