Tuesday 29 April 2008

A better understanding of what is needed for A7

On Monday we started off the day by talking about the A7 assignment and what is needs to be included for it. I thought this was helpful as it gave me a better understanding of what is needed in the assignment.

We also had a presentation on the "Artwork for print" I made sure that I took some more notes down on this as I missed the presentation the other week when I was off college. It gave me a better understanding off the different file formats and what they need to be used for.

After this I then started to research the pre-flight document I found quit a few web sites about the different documents, so I decided to write down different questions that could be used on the document. In are group we then came up with some of the questions that could be asked and then started to make the document I found it really use full having different documents to look at as it gave me a better understanding of what questions are the best to use.

I also had some more feedback for my A5, after Steve looked at this there was a few things that needed to be changed. But I was happy that I got most of the work for the site done last week so that I only needed to do a few changes to the site.

Today I finished off a few changes that I needed to do to the pre-flight document, making sure that the questions where in the right place and putting boxes and tick boxes next to the questions that needed them. So that when I have finished my Cd cover I will be able to fill in the boxes that need filling in.

After this I had a look at my Cd work and had a look at changing the pictures and seeing where the text could go. I still have quit alot of work to do on the Cd but I am going to design some more Cd packages in my sketch book to see what else I could do to the picture using Photoshop.

In the afternoon we then had are group meeting, we had to put are Cd work and Logo on the board so that every one else could have a look at the work. We then had to talk about what we had done to them, I got some feed back from the group like making a few changes to my logo and changing the font on the Cd work. So I will make sure that I have looked at different fonts to see which one works the best with the Cd work I have chosen.

So this week I am going to make sure that I know what pictures, fonts and graphic effects I am going to use on the Cd work, make sure that the pre-flight document has the right questions and that it has more of a design to it and make sure that the logo is completed.

2 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

The seminar meeting was really helpful and I like the idea of having to put our work on the wall. The feedback from the group was real good, and it was better getting more feedback from the other group as well.

The checklist we made will be really useful. To use the checklist better you could rewrite the list in the order of what needs to be done first, so you can tick off when you have completed a task.

Victoria Fisher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.