Tuesday 6 May 2008

Study day

Today has been a study day and its been a very productive day. I started off the day by thinking of what I could do for the Cd case even though I had lots of ideas and had picked my final design I still wasn't sure if I liked it or not. So instead of changing the whole design I decided that Id do some tutorials to see what effects I could add to the images. I have only done a few tutorials before so I thought it would be a great idea to help me get use to Photoshop as I'm not very good at using this software. So I looked through some of the tutorials and found some great ones that would fit in to my design for the Cd case. As I started the tutorial I thought that it would be hard to follow the tutorial step by step, but it actually explained it very well so it was easy to create the effect. I did a few practices of the tutorial to make sure that I got the effect exactly how I wanted it before I did the final one.

After this I started to put my Cd case together making sure that the whole Cd case looked as one. I also looked at different types of typography which would fit in with the design. I haven't yet chosen one that I like but there is quit a few that would look good on the design.
I also made a check list of what I need to get finished for this week, making sure that I hadn't missed any thing off the list. I also made a list of what I wanted to put on my evaluation so that when I came to write it Id know exactly how I wanted to evaluate my performance and my products that Id designed.

So this week I'm going to made sure that the Cd cover is completed, also looking at different tutorials to make the Cd case better, then I can fill in the rest of the pre-flight document in, make sure Ive wrote my evaluation and the logo is completed.

5 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Sounds like you're well on your way to completing the work. Hopefully you'll get it done to standard you're happy with over the next week. I'd really like to see some of your work if you were to upload it, and I'm sure you'd get a lot of useful feedback from people.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Going through tutorials and practising the skills you want to implement is a good way of using some of your time each week. Taking screenshots of the tutorials and sticking them in your sketchbook can count as evidence for your work and can be used to look back on if you need to use that particular effect again.

Mark Torrington said...

Great to hear you have been getting into Photoshop. Try (http://www.photoshoplady.com/) This is a very up-to-date guide.

Like Tom, I would really like to see your design work, do you plan to upload it in the next few days?

Victoria Fisher said...

I have found there are some good Photoshop tutorials on the internet. I only did the few tutorials to make my Cd cover and for the rest of the things I didn’t know how to do I had a mess about with the software. This helped me get to know the software better and let me use tools I haven’t used before.

James Bell said...

Tutorials are often the best way to learn how to use program as they allow you to use a variety of different tools.

There are many different website out there full of tutorials such as:

www.tutorialized.com
www.planetphotoshop.com
http://photoshoptutorials.ws

Like everyone has said, post your work!! Gaining feedback even at this late stage can be very helpful.