Tuesday 22 April 2008

Making changes to A5

On Monday I was ill so I had to take the day off college, but I made sure that I did some of the design work for the CD cover in my sketch book. So that I wouldn't get behind with the work that I needed to do.

Today was a day to just get on with are work I started off by designing some more Cd covers and looking at the ideas that I had done on the computer last week to see if there was any other ways that I could change the designs. I made sure that I had catched up on any notes that I needed to do so that I new what I needed to do for the print work.
I also looked at some pre-flight document sites to see if I could get any ideas for what I could include on mine. I found a few ideas for this but there wasn't that many that where very good. So I need to research more sites so that I will be able to get ideas of what to include on the
pre-flight document.

In are group meeting this week we talked about are logo and Cd designs looking at what ideas we had got. We talked about A1 and what work needed to be done for this talking about different types of inspiration that we could include in the assignment. We also talked about the pre-flight document to see what could be included on it.

After this I designed a few more CD covers in my sketch book but I still need to do lots more to see which will work better with my CD, Ive got a few designs that I could use but its just getting the right images that will work on the Cd cover. I also had my feed back for the A5 assignment, I need to change some of the arrangement of the text and I also need to make sure that some of the images are at a better quality. I thought that I would have lots more work to do on my site but I just need to make sure that I mange the work for this assignment and the A7 assignment.

So this week I will make sure that I have designed more Cd covers to see which design works the best, research more for the pre-flight document, collect more inspiration for my sketch book and make some changers to my web site. I will make sure that I have completed my logo.

5 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

I’m glad you caught up with the notes from the lecture you missed, as it’s something that can be forgotten about. All the lectures are very important and so is taking notes because you can’t remember everything that was said in a lecture, but after reviewing your notes a few times, the information should start to sink in.

It sounds like you’re approaching the CD design very well, as you’re coming up with plenty of designs and reviewing previous ones to see how to improve them.

Just make sure you design the full Digipak® Outer and not just the front cover, as that’s what I started off doing.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi Rebecca,

Playing catch up is alway a difficult thing to do as if the persons note you are copping from may not have written everything down / not fully understood the lecture; think of it like a game of Chinese Whispers.

The CD covers is also my next task; I am looking forward to the new challenges that it will present.

--
Shaun Bellis

Tom Smith said...

I'd agree with Greg about taking into account the full Digipak® Outer, not just the front cover. I started by just thinking about the front, but by thinking about the whole cover, it can save time later on.

Victoria Fisher said...

I have also been looking at pre-flight documents this week, but I couldn’t find many examples. I have only found one example so far, but I will find the web site and give you. If you find any good examples write down the web site and you could share them when we talk about the pre flight document in our group.

Before I am designing a CD covers in details, I go and see if I can found the images I need to make the CD cover design, as some times you can’t find the images to match what you want so you end up either have to alter your design or make a different design, and that can sometimes take a lot of time if your design has been done base around the image you can’t find.

Webomatic said...

Hi Rebecca

I also agree with Greg and Tom, when doing the CD cover do front, back and spine all in one using guides to separate the correct areas, as they have both stated this will save time over all.

I have also done research on the pre-flight document this week, if you are stuck for examples visit the adobe website, I found some good information on there which helped me a bit. Or alternatively search on Google for tutorials for creating them in Indesign.

Thanks, Martyn