Tuesday 11 March 2008

Reading week



The weeks tasks so far have been enjoyable, first of all Monday morning I emailed Steve for the days task. The first task was to find logos on major company’s and annotate them. I found this quite easy as there are lots of different company’s out there which vary in their designs, so I found lots of inspiring logo designs.

The second task was to listen to our Cd which mine was “Slim”, I listened to it a few time before starting the first task which was to create spider diagrams of what the music suggested to me. At first I didn't really like the Album as it came across as dark and depressing, so I broke down my spider diagrams in to scenery, key words, emotions, genre and musical instruments so that I was able to implement ideas into different categories. After this, the fourth task was to create a positive review on our Cd encouraging people to buy it. I then did some research on the artist so that I was able to find more ideas and reviews of the Cd so that I could add this to my spider diagram. I then wrote from my ideas my Cd review. I didn't think that I would be able to write a review for the Cd as I haven’t done one before, but when I started the task I then began to enjoy it and come up with a well written review. Today I emailed Steve again to ask for today's tasks. My first task was to create mood boards that related to my music using the spider diagrams that I created yesterday. First of all I listened to my Cd again before starting the task. I really enjoyed this task as it allowed me to get creative. First of all I broke down different categories for my spider diagrams so that I was able to create 4 different individual mood boards. After this I then looked through magazines and the Internet for things that I could put on the mood board. I found loads of good pictures which fitted well with the category of each board.

The second task was to collect more logos of record company’s that represented my Cd. I didn’t think that they would be lots of logos on this type of music but I found lots on my Genre of music and also added a few different record labels to give variation.

The third task was to create spider diagrams and mood boards about the word “Emit”. I researched what the company was about before starting my spider diagrams. There wasn’t much information on “Emit” but I found enough out to create my spider diagrams. I then moved on to create the mood boards from my spider diagrams. There where lots of pictures on the emit site which I added in to my mood boards which I created 3 mood boards.

So overall all I feel that this as been a really productive week so far and feel that I have learnt a lot.

2 comments:

Shaun Bellis said...

Hey Rebecca

The creation of the mood board and other such sketchbook work has been, for the majority of us, a new experience.

You have also chosen the 'VW' logo, it might be worth your while having a look at 'My Journal' as there is a really good discussion going on about german logo's.

--
Thanks

Shaun Bellis

Liam Corfield said...

Hi Rebecca.

I to wasnt took keen on my album when i first started to listen to it, it seemed alien to me, but it seems to grow on you.

Creating moodbards is also somehting new to us, we were both in the same course last year, and we were never askd to create one

change is good.