Tuesday 6 November 2007

Time for the grades

Monday we had to present are presentations in the morning I was really nervous as I didn't know that we was just presenting it in front of Steve, when I new this I began to become more calm about presenting the presentation. When I got in to the room I felt very nervous I tryed just to stay as positive as I could so that I didn't get to nervous to do my presentation. As I started the presentation I felt a lot better about it then I thought I would have done but I didn't mange to make my presentation last 5 minuets so I was disappointed about it but I new there wasn't any thing I could do about it, but at least I tryed my best.

Then we got are grades but I failed it but I new I could have another go at making it right I new that there was a chance that I could make my work a lot better so that we can learn from are mistakes and then for the next assignment I new I wouldn't make the mistake again. I think that failing the assignment has made me try harder on the next assignment, hopefully when I get my work back I will then know what needs to be changed hopefully it wont be to bad. But I will be able to make my bad points right and I will take notes of these things so that I am able to change them on the next assignment which will improve my work.

This week we have also got are new assignments which we have been researching about what is the difference about art and design. I didn't know how to start mine but as I took notes in my sketch book I was then able to get my work together.

7 comments:

Victoria Fisher said...

Even thou you didn’t fill the whole 5 minutes at least you did the presentation so you should be proud of your self.

It’s good how positive you are about your grade, I can see what you mean by we can only learn by our mistakes and it motivates us to try harder.

Andrew said...

I think it's good you know what to do to improve your A2 assignment, thats the key after getting your results. Try make an action plan when getting your feedback and strive to improve, having this structure will help you along the way; having something to tick off after everytime you've done it.

Filling the 5minutes intially is not a big issue, aslong as you felt confident up there as you were presenting thats the main thing. Though in the future the time inwhich you take to present will be key to being sucessful.

Gary Benn said...

I was very disappointed with my presentation also. I got 3.5 mins, this was devastation scene as I had practiced it so much and always been over. I guess I panicked and spoke too quickly.

Please don't refer to your grade as a failure. You haven't failed, you have refereed.

Depending on how you look at it, it can be seen as a good thing as you will get time to work back into your work. You will be able to find your mistakes, take note of them and try not to do the same again on the next assignment, you can create a check list which could always help!

Suzanne Hullah said...

Well done for standing up and doing your presentation, I know you were very nervous and wanted the day over with.

You have a positive light on your referal, which is what you need to be able to pick yourself up and be able to implement the changes needed.

Tom Smith said...

I agree with Gary... don't refer to your referral as a fail. Other than this terminology, though, you seem to have a good outlook as a result of your grade: looking to the future and thinking how you can improve on both this assignment and the new assignments.

Also, I'm glad you've managed to get your thoughts together on the Art vs Design assignment!

Greg Carrick said...

It’s good you did so well with your presentation. Even though you didn’t make it last five minutes, you know you did your best.

I have to agree with Gary about not using fail because you haven’t failed.

It’s good that you are taking your grade positively and looking at what needs to be done to improve it.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.