Tuesday 13 November 2007

Learning new things

On Monday I started off my A3 assignment by looking at the goals for the site and then researching different sites to see who my target audience would be aimed at which where older people and what they can learn about computers.

I also got my last assignment back today so that I would be able to change it. When I was given this back there was quit a lot of things that needed to be changed but also there was just some mistakes that I new that would need to be change now I have got this back and I will be able to change this. I have wrote notes down to help me do the things I need to change in the assignment. I can also look back over the old notes I made which will still help me. I have planned what I am going to do this week because I have got quit a lot of assignments to do so I will have to plan which ones I will be doing on what day.

Also to day we have been looking at different images and seeing if we could change the colours and file sizes. I will need to write about what I have found out about the pictures and how they have changed. I didn't know much about this when I started to day but with the notes and changing the pictures I have found out a lot about images and how you can change the image with out the colour changing and the images not been at the same standard as they started off at. So I think that I have learnt a lot this week with what the changers that need to be done to the assignment and think that I will be able to learnt a lot form this so that I wont make the same things wrong with what I have done in this one.

5 comments:

Tom Smith said...

Glad you feel now that you know more about images, and the compression of them. I think it's quite interesting to look at the really minor changes that occur when you're changing the format of the images. If you zoom right in whilst messing around (ctrl + on Windows) it helps a lot in the analysis of the image.

Victoria Fisher said...

This week I have learnt a lot too, I enjoyed doing the image compression too and I am sure it will help for us in the future.
It’s good we got the feedback back, I kept wondering what I was going to need to improve on, now I know like you I am going to plan when I am going to do the tasks I need to do.

Thomas Wealthy said...

I also found the lecture on image compression really useful as I didn’t know a lot about it. But after the detailed lecture I realised why it was so important to know what type of image compression we need to use as it is a vital part of our business.

John Browne said...

good to hear you have notes, as Steve has mentioned over a thousand times, notes are the key to completing work. Good use of notes can become very useful and musn't be took for granted. This goes for steves lectures also. This course is H/E which means a lot of our work is going to be independant along with our progress on the course.

Think of Steve our our guide. He can only point us in the right direction, but it is us who have to take the journey.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.