Tuesday 25 September 2007

First time using pagemaker

This week I have learnt about the way I should structure my weekly sheet which as helped me to get my work done quicker. Now I know what I should be doing and when the work needs to be done.

Monday gave me the chance to do some of my assignment, after a presentation on how the work needed to be completed so that the presentation of the work is correct.

Tuesday we have been looking at the Pagemaker and how it works. Steve did a presentation on how this should be done in easy steps. I thought that it was a lot different to word as a lot of the tools are different, so I thought I might struggle with the tasks set. I found the first bit of the task easy as it was just putting the picture on the page and setting the text out. But as it went on I found it hard to understand some of the work shown which I kept messing up, but Steve was there to help with anything I didn't understand.

But I new I would have to try and understand how Pagemaker worked as I would need to hand my assessment in using the set design. I thought that when the tasks had all been completed that the work looked neat and professional.

Last week for my self study I did my screen designs which I thought carefully on how the site should look. I did six different pages for all five designs. I thought my designs looked a lot better then I expected. I also had different coloured sheets, I picked the colours carefully that would best complement my design.

1 comment:

Marc Pugh said...

I used to hate Pagemaker when I first started. The use of not being able to scroll really annoyed me. Now I've got used to it the programs quite a useful thing to learn.

The second years are now moving onto a more in-depth program called InDesign, which seems to be a ton better, but getting used to it's layout is tough