Sunday 16 September 2007

Where have I come from? Where am I going? How am I going to get there?

Where I have come from

I progressed to Outwood Grange College, Outwood, Wakefield in 2000, where I studied for my GCSE’s which were in the following subjects; English, Maths, Science, History, ICT, Dt Food and Leisure and Tourism, which I successfully passed. I left in 2005 when I decided to go to College to study ICT and develop on my existing skills. I decided that the course that would best suit me was GCE in applied ICT where I studied on a 2 year course at Wakefield College, where I progressed my skills in multimedia, spread sheets, database, and generally the ICT aspect where I passed the course. I decided that I preferred the more designing unit of the course, so I decided to look for a course that would best suit me in multimedia, where I decided to apply for Interactive Media at Wakefield College where I was accepted on a place to start in September 2007.

Where I’m going

I am planning on achieving and to learn as much as I can in my Interactive Media course for the following two years. If I am successful, I will be planning to progress to degree level, so that I have as many qualifications as possible, so that I will be able to get a full time job in the area of design or the web design industry. I will hopefully further my career on becoming a manager of a business connected with design or web based design, or create my own business after gaining experience in the computer and connected industry.

How I’m going to get there
I will be ‘setting my goal’ on getting the highest grade I can in interactive media, so that I will be able to study at a college or university to get a degree, so I can develop more skills and experience. I will also be taking every opportunity I can to have a look at how the web design industry works and motivate itself. I will also be planning on putting a portfolio of my work together so that I will be able to present my designs and work done to other company’s or clients. I will be planning on looking for a part time job in web design or similar, after I feel that my skills have improved and able to offer and gain experience. I will also check how I am progressing, by designing a career plan and going back to the career plan every three to six months, I will also check I am where I want to be and where there is room for improvement and along the way looking for motivation and refreshing my approach and taking on board suggestions for my tutors. I will then improve if necessary and revaluate. My career plan is only a guide so it can change if necessary through time and suggestions this could be due to changes with my career in the future and on target with my studying.

No comments: