Tuesday 15 January 2008

The first week back

On Monday we started off with a presentation on how to use the software to make are sites. I have used the software before so I knew a little bit about it from my last course I was on. But there is still a lot that I don't know about the software. I made sure that I took a lot of notes down so when I make my site I will know what I need to do. When we had finished with the presentation I read over the notes again making sure that I had got every thing I needed and then started to look at the software and what tools I will need to use when making my site.

In the afternoon I got my grades from the last 2 assignments we had done and I didn't pass them. Which I had tryed really hard on the assignments but I knew that most of the things I had got wrong I would be able to put right as there wasn't a lot to do.

Today we went over are new assignments in A5 we have to build are site that we designed in A3 but I wont be able to start my site until I have got the last assignments right that I did so that when I come to make the site it will be a lot easier as I will be able to follow every thing I did in the assignment. We also got the A6 assignment which is to do a presentation on a typographer which I got Erik Spiekermann we also will be getting tasks to do which we don't know what they are yet, so I am a bit worried what they will be. After we had gone over the assignments we then researched typography I found a lot out about my typographer but I still need to find out more about him.

I also got back the assignments I didn't pass on and now I know what I need to do but there is not a lot to do just silly things that I had missed out.

So this week I will be making sure that I have researched more on my typographer. I will also be taking notes down about In Design so that when I get the tasks in the new assignments I will know more about it.
I will also be making the assignment I didn't pass on right.

5 comments:

Liam Corfield said...

Im in the same boat as you at this point i also failed both assignments. luckly most of it was just spelling which i have amended already. the goos thing is, that there is an extension on thedeadline this time. this should make things alot easier. good luck with the referal work.

Greg Carrick said...

It’s good to look back over you notes a few times to help you remember them. I’m starting to do that more now.

At least there is not a lot to do on your referral work and you should be able to start you website soon.

John Browne said...

I understand what your talkin about in terms of notbeen able to start the build of the website just yet. It seems a little frustrating that all the hard work and graft has been put in to make what seems to be a tremendous peice of work created by us. Unfortunatly it isn't good enough to gain a pass.

There is one thing I want to pull you up on. You have made a consistant error in this blog entry, i.e. 'Today we went over are new assignments'. What it should be like it, 'Today we went over our new assignments'. can ou see the difference???

John Browne said...

Ok, looks like I made a few errors in that last comment. 2nd paragraph, 4th line, 6th word should be is. And the last sentence in the 2nd paragraph should say, can you see the differenc.

John Browne said...

Oh my god not again. Hmmmm, I blame the lap top.


The last word should be difference.