Tuesday 7 October 2008

Aspirations for the second year of the course

Over the past year I have learnt and developed a greater knowledge of graphic and web design. I have decided to enrol on the second year of this course, hoping to gain more experience in design and different technologies, expanding on the knowledge I have already gained in the first year.

My hopes and aspirations for the course this year is to continue to develop my knowledge of graphic and web design and gain a greater understanding of the industry. I will also be looking forward to learning more about the technical side of things such as XHTML and CSS where I now only have basic knowledge, this will help me further my skills and apply these to other web sites I design. I very much hope that I will be able to achieve this to further my skills and give me more opportunities for employment.

I am also looking forward to the self managed learning plan, where I will be negotiating and designing a learning plan, where I will learn about new skills such as Flash, PHP and other software skills, to prepare me for the time I apply for employment so I will be able to demonstrate a greater understanding than I currently have and the ability to show this in my work.

After the completion of the second year of the course I will either be looking to go into employment or look to enrol on a top up degree course, this will enable me to have more chance I believe to gain a job in this industry should I decide to do so.

I believe that I am determined and focused to complete the second year more than ever to the best of my ability to achieve a greater understanding and able to show this in my work presented.

No comments: